- Scientific Method and Classification
- Cells and Cellular Processes
- Mendelian Genetics
- Molecular Genetics
- Genetic Technology
At the Scholars Academy, students take the following sequence of classes. If you have transferred from another district, you may be taking these classes in a different order. You have lots of flexibility and it is possible to take every science class we offer!
8th Grade: Honors Physical Science (you took the EOC and this counted as a high school credit!)
9th Grade: Honors Biology
- Optional: Principles of Biomedical Science or Principles of Engineering
- Optional: AP Environmental Science (In the spring I will make recommendations for this class.) If you complete PBS in 9th grade, then you may choose to take Human Body Systems in 10th grade.
- AP Biology
- AP Chemistry
- AP Environmental Science
- AP Physics I
- Honors Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Principles of Biomedical Science
- Principles of Engineering
- In addition, you can take a science class at the high school, TU or Southwest Tech.