What is PBS?
Also known as "Who is Anna Garcia?"
- We will explore biomedical professions as we study and investigate different concepts of the biomedical field.
- We'll study human medicine, physiology, genetics, microbiology, and public health as we study the diseases that affected Anna Garcia during her life.
- This is a student focused class! You will learn through investigating problems and coming up with solutions.
- This is a very hands on course! We will spend a lot of time involved in labs and other activities.
- The concepts that we study will build on what you learn (or learned) in biology class and we will focus on real world applications.
- Click on the buttons below to read more!
The Biomedical Science Pathway:
- Principles of Biomedical Science (PBS) is the first course in the Project Lead the Way Biomedical Science Program.
- Next year you will can choose to take Human Body Systems (along with chemistry).
- Then, you will be able to take Medical Interventions and either AP Biology or AP Chemistry (or other science course).
- We will use Google Classroom for all class communication, assigning and turning in assignments. You will need to use your school Google account.
- 1 inch binder with dividers
- Notebook paper
- Graph paper
- Colored pencils (you will really need these!!!)
- Pencils and pens
- Glue, tape, scissors, ruler
End of Course Test
There will be an End of Course test given in May. This test is through Project Lead the Way, unlike the Milestones EOC. You may be able to earn college credit for a qualifying score. More information will be given later.