Biomedical Science Pathway:
- Principles of Biomedical Science (PBS) is the first course in the Project Lead the Way Biomedical Science Program.
- Next year you will take Human Body Systems (along with chemistry).
- Then, you will take Medical Interventions and either AP Biology or AP Chemistry.
What is PBS?
- We will explore biomedical professions as we study and investigate different concepts of the biomedical field.
- We'll study human medicine, physiology, genetics, microbiology, and public health.
- This is a student focused class! You will learn through investigating problems and coming up with solutions.
- This is a very hands on course! We will spend a lot of time involved in labs and other activities.
- The concepts that we study will build on what you learn in biology class and we will focus on real world applications.
- We will use Google Classroom for all class communication, assigning and turning in assignments. You will need to use your school Google account.
- 2 inch binder with dividers
- Notebook paper
- Quad rule (graph paper) spiral or composition notebook OR regular ruled notebook and loose leaf graph paper
- Colored pencils (you will really need these!!!)
- Pencils and pens
- Glue, tape, scissors, ruler
End of Course Test
There will be an End of Course test given in May. This test is through Project Lead the Way, unlike the Milestones EOC. More information will be given later.